Contacts and Mailing Lists
Media Contact (website information):
OSG Executive Director
OSG Council Chair
+1 (630) 840 3921
For OSG support:
Grid Operations Center
+1 (317) 278 9699
OSG Mailing Lists
To send email to an OSG mailing list, use the links below. (All are of the form
For initial or general contact, use OSG-Contact@opensciencegrid.org.
The links next to the list name, when present, allow to see the Archive (A) or to Join or Leave the list (J).
To subscribe to a list, send an email to email@example.com
with subscribe listname firstname lastname in the body of the email. For example, if John Smith wanted to subscribe to OSG-General, he would send an email that looked like this:
To : firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject : (can be left blank)
----- Message Text -----
subscribe OSG-General John Smith
To unsubscribe from a list, send an email to email@example.com
with signoff listname in the body of the email. For example, to unsubscribe from OSG-Int, one would use the command "signoff OSG-INT" in the body of the message.
To find out information about a list send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with "review xxx" (without ") where xxx is the listname as the body.
is an achive of all mailing lists at Fermilab. To view a ListServ archive with all the messages in a list, go to
, where "listname" is the name of mailing list, e.g. http://listserv.fnal.gov/archives/osg-sites.html
To find out all public lists send email to email@example.com
with "lists" in the body.
There is a Request Mailing List Form: http://listserv.opensciencegrid.org/request-list.asp
Note that the same form is used to request mailing lists for opensciencegrid.org and fnal.gov.
The following are steps to follow when creating a mailing list:
- You will need to provide informations and select the appropriate settings for the list (a brief description of each is provided in the page to enable you to set up the mailing list), among which: * Identify the email address of the primary owner
- Provide a name and a brief description of the mailing list.
- Include a welcome message for new subscribers
- Identify other owners of the list, if applicable
opensciencegrid.org as Domain for your list, to have a list "@opensciencegrid.org"
- Include any additional comments in the text area provided.
- Submit the form.