Miscellaneous Certificate Tasks
This document is intended as a reference on specific tasks for users who already have
a certificate. Users who need a new certificate should instead go to the
Getting a User Certificate
This section applies if you had a certificate from DOEgrids CA
previously and the certificate is expired after a year. You need to
get a new certificate, but you want have the same
since then you
can continue accessing resources without any re-configuration or
Follow the steps for getting a new certificate
but enter your old DN in the "Expired DN" field.
How to find your old DN:
- Create a pem format certificate from the p12 format certificate that you had exported:
openssl pkcs12 -clcerts -nokeys -in usercred.p12 -out usercert.pem
- Get the DN from this:
openssl x509 -noout -subject -in usercert.pem
- Go to go to Options/Preferences -> Advanced -> Encryption -> View Certificates -> Your Certificates
- Double click on your certificate.
- Then click on "Details", select "Subject" from the list in the middle, and "Field Value" in the box at the bottom is your subject.
* For assistance with renewing OSG PKI certificates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is how to import your certificate to another
installation of Firefox.
- Copy your p12 Certificate to the disk where the other Firefox is running.
- In Firefox, go to Options/Preferences -> Advanced -> Encryption -> View Certificates -> [ Your Certificates | Authorities ]
and click on the "Import" button. Use the "Your Certificates" pane for a personal certificate, and "Authorities" for a CA certificate. Screenshot Hide
- Navigate to the certificate location and "Open" it.
- Type in the password you used when you exported the certificate.
- Finally you will get a message that the import worked:
And the newly imported certificate should show up in Firefox's Certificate Manager window, which in Step 2 was empty.
For instructions on revoking your user certificate refer to the Revoking a Certificate
Topic revision: r10 - 10 May 2013 - 18:13:27 - AlainDeximo