This OSG Information Services Activity evaluates existing information services deployed within the OSG and emerging information services. This activity conducts gap analysis and helps OSG make informed decisions about choosing and integrating appropriate information services.
The GIP provides the information services for the OSG. The GIP documentation is divided into three main portions:
- Developer resources: API, mailing list, code repository, notes on contributing
- Integrator's resources: How to test and integrate the GIP for OSG integrators
- Site admin resources: Notes relevant to site admins
For end-users, the best place to find documentation is with those who distribute the GIP for you (for the most part, the OSG); it is designed to be grid-agnostic and be integrated into the configuration and install of middleware.
By "grid-agnostic", we mean that the GIP can be plugged in to multiple configuration files. Currently, it supports
- The OSG's config.ini configuration file
- The OSG's deprecated *-attributes.conf file
- The GIP-specific $GIP_LOCATION/etc/gip.conf
We would welcome any other grids or middleware providers to contribute plugins which read in their configuration files and updates the global configuration object. This would allow the GIP to be used on other grids.
GIP Developer Resources
GIP Trash/Trash/Integration Resources
GIP Site Admin Resources
Here are some links from the older revision of the page:
- 07 Aug 2006
- 14 Feb 2008
Topic revision: r43 - 06 Dec 2016 - 18:12:48 - KyleGross