The metrics and measurements area is in charge of being the liason between the OSG and the external Gratia project.
This page is meant to be a "virtual post-it", a record of the ongoing requests from the OSG to Gratia. This is updated during the weekly Gratia meeting (every Wednesday).
Gratia Tasks (Prioritized)
- Implement CREAM integration. Estimated to require one FTE week to implement; planned to be done in mid-January. Philippe is working with Alain Roy.
- Status and stability issues with DB optimization and housekeeping identified during summer 2010. Planned to be completed in January.
- HTPC probes.
- PBS: Understood; in progress.
- LSF: Philippe has the needed information from
- SGE: Unknown
- Condor: Works in trunk; waiting for next probe release.
- Improved accounting for VO pilot frameworks.
- SLURM probes for Gratia. Will be externally contributed by LLNL.
- Improve the automation of the Gratia Testing framework and work with the VDT team on including this in the nightly build/tests as far as possible.
- Fix for multithreaded daemons.
Interesting, but not active Gratia tasks (not prioritized):
- Add a layer to allow forwarding of summary data instead of raw data.
- Possibly do aggregating by collector-side probes?
- Pass GIP output from Gratia
- Allow data from single probe to be delivered to multiple collectors
- Ensure clean and clear separation of code modules between "Gratia, the job accounting system" and "Gratia, the data transport".
- Probe maintenance and packaging:
- Mitigate issues related to log rotation in the Probe that do log scrapping (SunGrid? Engine, PBS, LSF, glexec).
- Make probes run non-root.
- Make probes compatible with RHEL file system layout.
- Evaluate impact of new CE interfaces - GRAM5.
Non-Gratia accounting tasks
- Storage Accounting: Addition of a POSIX probe for storage accounting.
Topic revision: r15 - 10 Jan 2011 - 20:47:36 - X509_2fDC_3dorg_2fDC_3ddoegrids_2fOU_3dPeople_2fCN_3dBrian_20Bockelman_20504307