OSG Operations / Grid Operations Center at Indiana University
The mission of OSG Operations is to maintain and improve distributed high throughput computing services to support research communities.
This is accomplished by:
- Operating and maintaining our services in a user-oriented, robust, and reliable manner.
- Developing a professional and skilled staff dedicated to a service philosophy.
- Managing resources responsibly, efficiently, and with accountability.
- Evaluating and continually improving the actions, methods and processes that allow the OSG to operate.
Operations Activity Objectives and Scope
OSG Operations activities can be split into two often overlapping areas:
- Operations Support: Focuses on OSG collaborator support and administrative and communication mechanisms that allow quick and accurate contact, tracking, and communication withing the collaboration, and
- Operations Infrastructure: Provides the technical services necessary to produce and disseminate vital information to the OSG community, along with the hardware structure necessary to make this information available.
The Grid Operations Center (GOC) at Indiana University
Based at Indiana University, the GOC provides a single point of operational support for the Open Science Grid (OSG). OSG Operations performs real time Grid monitoring and problem tracking, provides support to users, developers and systems administrators, maintains grid services, provides security incident response, and maintains information repositories. Operations provides the OIM Registration Database for the Support Centers, Virtual Organizations, and Services. A list of Operations Services is presented and/or linked off of MyOSG
The Grid Operations Center blog is located at http://osggoc.blogspot.com/
. For more information see *What is the GOC?*
- OSG Operations holds a weekly teleconference to discuss production issues, infrastructure changes, OSG tickets, and other operational concerns. OSG Operations Staff and New OSG Resource Registrants are required to attend, and all OSG Collaborators are welcome.
- Every Monday, 1:00pm Eastern
- Phone: +1-812-856-7060, access code 231000
- Meeting Minutes
- Group Contact
- Open a ticket
- Email GOC: goc [at] opensciencegrid.org
- Larger Operations Mailing list: osg-operations at opensciencegrid dot org (archive)
- Members of OSG Operations
- OSG Operations Coordinator: Rob Quick
- Support Team: Kyle Gross (Lead), Elizabeth Chism, Christopher Pipes, Alain Deximo
- Infrastructure Team: Scott Teige (Lead), Soichi Hayashi, Thomas Lee
- RsvSAMGridView - documents how the RSV-SAM system for interoperable resource monitoring is setup
Collaborative OSG TWiki Webs
|| 149.8 K
|| 03 Nov 2009 - 12:51
Topic revision: r188 - 03 Nov 2015 - 14:32:44 - RobQ