OSG Software Team Meeeting Minutes, 19-Sep-2011
- Cartwright, Tim
- Dost, Jeff
- Kronenfeld, Scot
- Mambello, Marco
- Roy, Alain
- Sim, Alex
- Strain, Doug
- Thapa, Suchandra
- Levshina, Tanya
- Sfiligoi, Igor
- Selmeci, Mat
- Sharma, Neha
Globus 5.2 is fully ready for testing. The last major blocker was a problem with init scripts, and Mat has fixed that.
All RPMs are now signed. You should notice no different--install as usual.
no-ca-certs has been replaced by empty-ca-certs to work properly with yum's crazy dependency resolution mechanism.
Mat: Mat did an initial test of the osg-ce and found the init problems. He'll do further testing.
Tim: Tests caught minor problems that have been addressed.
Scot: Our Condor still doesn't work. Alain is working with Globus folks to address the problem. [Update from 20-Sep: problem has been found, deciding on a fix.]
Doug: Haven't tried the new xrootd-dsi, was working on cemon. Will do short smoke test to ensure that xrootd-dsi and GridFTP?
Marco: Haven't tried it yet, will try today.
Suchandra: Did worker node client on Friday: got it installed but from osg-testing. Will try again with osg-development.
- Alain: Various management, empty-ca-certs.
- Alex: Bestman Assessmnet last week. Still working with Bestman problem with OU's problem with NFS. Working with OpenJDK? 1.7 update & dependent libraries. Hoping to release new version with new dependencies by the end of hte month.
- Doug: Xrootd meeting and Bestman Assessment. Cemon & dependent packages built last week, but haven't tested it yet.
- Jeff: Last week got sidetracked with glidein stuff because Igor was gone and there was a serious bug. Will make up lost time from last week to work with HDFS migration.
- Marco: Will work on testing this week & CA certificates probe. Last week fixed osg-site-web-page
- Mat: finished up GT 5.2 update & rebuilds of software against Globus 5.2. Also added signed packages.
- Scot: RSV works with Condor-G as long as it's the one from the Condor Team, not the one from our repo. Working on fixing globus-job-run support. Ready for testing. Doug asked about a condor cron bug: it's been fixed. Also fixed Apache in Pacman. Added osg-cert-scripts to the VDT's repo.
- Suchandra: XRootd meeting & Bestman assessment last week. Testing worker node. Will help out testing the CE this week. Will configure CEMon soon. Will be on vacation next week.
- Tim: Rolled out test stuff last week. Worked on Debian 6 work for LIGO as well.