Storage Meeting Minutes 2010 Sep 15
- Ted Hesselroth
- Neha Sharma
- Alex Sim
- Tanya Levshina
- bestman2 scalability
- bestman2 and clients/tester documentation/FAQ
* bestman2 users guide:
* bestman2 FAQ:
* bestman SRM clients users guide and command samples:
* srm tester users guide
- srm-tester daily run maintenance due to an OS upgrade on
- bestman skeleton 22.214.171.124 release
* bestman-skel-126.96.36.199.tar.gz https://codeforge.lbl.gov/frs/?group_id=54&release_id=196
- bestman2 2.0.2 release
Finished design document for OSG Public Storage.
Now working on database schema design.
Helped with organization of OSG Storage Forum.
Wrote talk for OSG Storage Forum.
- sevalidation testsuite - was able to resolve foreign key constraint
violation exception, add new request in database, put in check for
duplicate configuration and request entities
- worked on FermSRMClients documentation
- pinged Suchandra about ITB ticket #133 so it can be updated
- revised https://twiki.grid.iu.edu/bin/view/ReleaseDocumentation/FermiSrmClientCommands
based on Tanya's feedback
- worked on https://twiki.grid.iu.edu/bin/view/Storage/OpportunisticStorageUse. sent to ted for reviewing
- status meeting with tanya
- Documentation: all 5 documents tested and sent to Ted. Review comments are on the twiki pages.
- LIGO: Meeting attended, helping Britta with problems with TTU-Antaeus (wrong port and proxy credentials) and sporadic issues with UmissHEP (possibly using the wrong mount point?)
- Bestman plugin: plugin completed and tested. Inclusion into lbnl contributions on sourceforge still pending.
2.0.2 is released in VDT cache. It contains bug fixes for BeStMan-fullmode (monitoring long running requests and MSS queue monitoring) and changes in configuration setup (the defaults values to improve scalability)
Public storage design
Detailed design document is ready for internal review. Ted is working on design digest for stakeholders.
Neha is waiting for several documents to be reviewed, needs to test Gratia GridFTP Transfer Probes
. Ted has to follow up with Document Tracking Tables
and finish reviewing Document Release Variables
Doug has multiple documents he needs to test after he returns from vacation.
Tanya will be working on BeStMan Installation on CE
document requested by Iwona.
8800 - OSG Storage: Engage Access on MIT_CMS
9169 - OSG Storage: Bestman using 2.9G RAM at UCSD SE
8785 - OSG Storage: dCache: Issues upgrading dCache at UIUC using vdt-dcache package
9073 - OSG Storage: Summary of bestman-g issues/requests from US ATLAS
9075 - OSG Storage: dCap: Request timing out
- 17 Sep 2010