User Support Coordination Meeting
2007/08/30 at noon CDT
For attendance instructions please see main meetings page
Issues from previous meetings
- Abhishek: Reviewed surveys to distill action items.
- Chris: Started dialog with ILC MPI application requesters on technical details.
- Chris: looked into SQUID discovery and access at sites: environment variable
OSG_SQUID_LOCATION; site use patchy up to now.
- Chris: re-schedule IceCube discussion for when Juan Carlos and Steve Barnett can attend.
- Chris: distill the wrap-up items into well-defined issues for discussion with EB.
- Chris: investigate ways of representing the users' concerns on preemption and long suspensions to the facilities group.
- Britta: will investigate incorporating ReSS into LIGO workflow.
- All: report ReSS advertising inconsistencies and outages when they occur.
- OSG VO:
- Chris is a VO admin.
- Stated purpose of OSG VO is fairly narrow: to enable experiments and independent researchers to get started on the OSG; purpose will be widened to include OSG staff for general use; and site admins for testing their own sites if their sponsoring VO's credentials are not appropriate or not available.
- Indiana VOMS server will switch off at the end of August, leaving only new official VOMS running out of FNAL.
- VO Validation.
- Deadline for ITB to be ready for validation Friday
- SDSS / DES validation by Nickolay
- Expected to take next couple of weeks.
- CHEP demo.
- Mats just circulated the latest animation and presentation -- very impressive.
- Abhishek: continue efforts on VO validation.
- Chris: continue efforts to maintain and improve support of OSG VO after demise of old server.
- 30 Aug 2007
Topic revision: r4 - 16 Dec 2008 - 16:44:48 - KyleGross